Busy, trying to get lesson plans done, things ready for an event I was hosting, and things ready for a meeting I had for a committee I chair, have an observation by my principal first thing in the morning... Oh yeah, and someone is supposed to be teaching these kids.
I come into the school, running late as usual (my bed's fault. It has these things, like claws or something, that hold me in.) I grab 200+ things of ice cream and put it the freezer and am on my way.
I am rockin' my way (okay, things were going well) through my observation lesson when the door opens.
It is my coworker.
It seems someone put the ice cream in the cooler rather than the freezer. (Tells me with the principal sitting there*)
*Bam*
Hello embarrassment, thy name is Sara. We've met?
The rest of the day everyone who passed me says,
"Hi, my name is Kelly. I like cookie dough ice cream and I like it frozen."
Then, I am trying to get ready, and my foot is killing me. I have to make it through (BTW, went to the doctor and have tendinitis. Appears someone may be overdoing it. hrummph.)
I leave, pick up the boys listen to them fight like no tomorrow pick up more ice cream for the 50+ who decided to RSVP the day of, and head back to school.
I open the soda to make the punch. It shoots out all over me.
Corey looks at me and the only thing I can say is...
"One word and you are a goner."
Welcome to a normal day in my life.
*Principal complimented me after my lesson on how well it went and what a wonderful class I have. Got an excellent review...whew.

39 comments:
Ugh! I am so sorry Sara! That sounds like the type of day I would have! I hope you have a fantastic weekend to make up for it!
May be overdoing it? Says the girl who works out several hours a day? I'd say it's a definite that you're overdoingi t.
this could be my day any day of the week...*sigh*
I totally understand!
WOW! What a day! Thank God it is over and you can just relax! Congrats on the good review - I remember those! Have a wonderful weekend!
Days like that I usually start out irritated but by the end of the day, it's almost comical.
At least the Principal's observation went well!
Congrats on the observation. I know how stressful those can be!
Don't ya' love how people RSVP at the very last minute? Good times, good times.
I've definitely had those types of weeks before. I hope the event goes smoother than the prep has gone!!
You know, those little mistakes of yours are just endearing you to people! :)
I'm glad that was just one day but what's in store for tomorrow?
Things have a way of working out. Why don't you consider relocating to TN. It's a balmy 56 today and I could sure use a good teacher for my girls.
Oh, no! FWIW, I do love some ice cream soup.
Well I never doubted you were a fabulous teacher! Glad it's tendinitis and not something worse!
Sounds like my kind of day.
Glad your observation went well. They use to make me nervous. I've done things like the ice cream too.
So glad (but not surprised) the observation went well!
Hopefully everyone will forget about the ice cream incident of 2010 soon enough. :)
that could be exactly my day, Sara,
hope you have a good weekend!
hugs
melty ice cream shoul dbe against the law!!!!
...you know how much I LOVE ICE CREAM...shame on you!
Yay for an excellent review! You can't be that big of a spaz, or they wouldn't have you doing the ice cream and soda in the first place. Right? :-)
Oh - stop overdoing it! :-)
At least you got an excellent review - AND some good material for a hilarious blog post! I'd say it was a blessing in (embarrassing) disguise. :)
what a day but you made it. Yeah on getting a great review..
Oh man!!!!! On the bright side...a great review!! :)
Are you my long lost sister?? All of that sounds like something that would happen to me...minus the hurting my foot from overdoing it!
Wow, what a day! But worth it after the good review, right?
At least you got a good review!
PS My husband always pulls the frozen food in the fridge thing. I have to check his work constantly.
Congrats on the good review! Despite the bad day.
The last observation I had as a teacher was two days before I had my first baby. I was so crabby about being observed then. I stomped into the principal's office and announced, "I haven't had a single 'area of improvement' in any of my observations in all my years of teaching and if you tell me tht I have one now, when I'm gigantically pregnant, I'll writing a rebuttal and filing a complaint with central office."
Can we say "crazy hormones?"
well hey at least you got a good review right?!? always a plus! haha but your stories never fail to crack me up!
Except for the risk of salmonella, that doesn't seem so bad.
wow. what a day!! but yay for the great review!!
I guess they should be glad that at least have ice cream, right. Glad to hear your review went well.
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Of COURSE you got a great review! I never doubted that you would!
Hopefully he was wise and kept his mouth shut. Ah ha. And see? All that worrying for nothing. : )
Glad your review went well. I have tagged you over at my blog :)
Kudos to you for holding down a full time job, raising two boys, and having everyone survive the day! I think that is the only standard you can hold yourself to: everyone accounted for at 8pm? Yes? WOO HOO!
Uhg. What a day. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger? Keep smiling!
Happy monday..
UGH! I hate days like that!
Well, your day was good for a great blog post, that is worth something, right?
I swear these things happen to me all the time too. You are not alone!
Well, at least your co-workers have a sense of humor about it, even if it was at your expense. They should actually be thanking you, if you ask me. Without you, the work place would be a very boring spot to be every day.
That is so my life. Now if you had tripped and fallen in a pool of melted ice cream? That would have been the perfect trifecta of spazziness.
Post a Comment