6.22.2010

Fire Away...Answers Part II

Laughingly, I now remember sitting at my desk in May thinking to myself, "I will have so much time to read and stay caught up on blogs this summer! I can't wait!" Ha! I find myself busier than ever, although it is time with bike rides,shopping park playing, tu

rtle watching shopping and trampoline bouncing...I can get used to this!

Teri @ MightyMFamily asked: Please chronicle the importance of peanut butter throughout your life.

I see you are getting a lot of PB questions....I wonder why??

Oh Peanut Butter (yes, it is a proper noun in my world) I *think* my love affair begin...actually, I have no idea. I know it was 7-9 years ago though. Don't give me any of the "low fat" junk either. Natural, Jif, crunchy...whatever, I will eat it.
Yes, I eat peanut butter DAILY, and probably have for the last 5-6 years. Now? Next year? I have a student who ishighly allergic- as in, carries an epi pen- in my homeroom.What am I going to do? I think peanut butter oozes from my pores. (I am a bit stressed)


In that vein, Alicia asked, "What is your favorite snack/junk food?

Um, Reese's, followed by popcorn. And chips. Sometimes oatmeal creme pies or cookie dough. I adore Pop Tarts Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ones and can't keep them in the house. Or licorice, or M&M's. Sometimes cookies. (ahem, it appears I have a few)

From Kmama...."Aside from peanut butter, what is your favorite food?"

Easy. Pizza.

What's your favorite thing to do in the summer with your boys? (From Erin)
Um, play, hunt turtles, bike, walk and general boy stuff! We also bake a lot, like yesterday we made cookies and muffins. Last week we made 2 cakes with homemade frosting.

Are you an outdoorsy kind of person? like do you like to go camping and stuff?

Well, I love not camping. Seriously? Every camping experience of the last 10 years has involved rocks, winds, rain, poison ivy, and misery. I do love to be outside more as I get older though. Running has given me a new appreciation for the outdoors, and the beauty we can find.

Amy wants to know how tall I am?

A very tall 5'2 1/2 inches. If I am wearing good shoes, I can bump that to 5'2 3/4 inches. I have very long legs though. And a long torso, and long neck, so I appear to be about 5'10 at first. For sure.

Oh Barbaloot....If you had to choose between peanut butter or running, for the rest of your life, which one would you give up?

Peanut butter. No, yes...aghhhhhh!!!! Why? Why such a difficult question!?

Finally, Mr. Urban Cowboy asked, "Aside from running, what would you consider your next favorite activity?"

Shopping. I do a lot of that too. The other day Asher told me, "Sorry, can't shop mom, all the stores are closed."

Me: All of them?

"Yes, mom, all of them. They runned out of stuff."

Well. Hopefully he will be up for it tomorrow when I take him to his first Flea Market!

post signature


34 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I am a big crunchy PB fan. I had some on a banana last night. Delicious!

erin said...

i love that PB is a proper noun in your world!

and come camping with us... we have such a blast!! (and NO poison ivy!)

Stephanie said...

Just reading about your true love of PB is enough to get me over to that jar with a big ole spoon! Love it, and your answers to part 2:)

Meg said...

Very cute! I love PB, I actually had a PB&J sandwich for dinner tonight. Obviously that is high class dining. Yum-O!

Oh how I love pizza!! I was watching the boys the other night and J the baby (2.5vy.o.)said to me "Can I come to your house?" Me: "Sure J, why do you want to come over?" J: "Well to eat pizza, you always have pizza." True story little boy, he knows how this girl rolls!

Hehe, thanks for your comment. Woo-hoo indeed!

~Meg @ "Through the Roses"

Together We Save said...

I love crunchy PB, sadly I am the only one in my family that does.

Helene said...

We share a love for peanut butter! One day Tim caught me eating it right out of the jar and he was all, "Why are you eating it like that?" and I said, "Why not?" Geez....

I just discovered Almond butter, which I love now just as much as peanut butter!!!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Hmmmm...peanut butter. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pop Tarts. Reeses...I'm suddenly starving!

Sarah said...

I totally thought you were taller than that. Freakishly long legs and neck must be the explanation!

Love the Q & As. Very fun to read!

Kaci said...

Ick, Eww, FLEA MARKETS! GAG! =) We can't be friends anymore.

Jen said...

After reading this I now need to go and eat some peanut butter.

Trish said...

You know I hate PB...I guess opposites do atract :O)

Anonymous said...

*laughs*

5'10 *grins*


ok ok ok.....

Unknown said...

i love the 'height' answer...
i'm 5'2 1/2 as well...but, i always say 5'3!! ha...it's not a lie really...just rounding up =)

Annsterw said...

I too love the daily dose of peanut butter!!!!!

Audreya said...

Mmmm! Peanut butter!!! Growing up, my family (who is all much taller than me - it's a cruel joke, really) always put the peanut butter on the top shelf. I'd be home from college and having to drag a chair up to the counter and climb to reach the peanut butter. I always said "When I get my OWN house, I'm keeping the peanut butter on the bottom shelf." I think David must be in cahoots with my family because it still always ends up on the top shelf. Don't think I'm too proud to climb! It's PEANUT BUTTER!!!

Ruth said...

Loving the peanut butter question. We go through more peanut butter in my house than I really should admit. The girls love it!! We had tears from our 4th grader when she realized the peanut allergy girl meant no PB& J at school.

The Mother said...

I also am a barely 5'2". But from a distance I look more like 4' 11". I want to know how you do it.

CalgaryDaddy said...

Great answers! I love PB also, but it has been banned in Canada due to the peanut shortage of 1994! Please send some here.. ( j/k!)

Shane

Tara said...

I like Reese's peanut butter cups and a PB&J sandwich ever now and then but I don't LOVE it like you!

I have short legs and a short torso so while I am 5'2 3/4", I probably look about 4'10" or less.

NIKOL said...

I have a long standing love affair with peanut butter. But sometimes I cheat on peanut butter with chocolate. Occasionally we have threesomes. This comment has devolved from fun into dirty. I should stop now.

Betty Manousos said...

I don't love camping either.
But I do love pizza and peanut butter!! LOL!
~B xx

The Urban Cowboy said...

For some reason I picture you running through the flea market with peanut butter in hand.

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Yuk peanut butter. I like camping if I have a nice blow up lol.

Vanessa said...

I am 5'4" but people often say they think I'm taller -- even friends that know me, it's so weird. But I credit it to my long legs (shown off on Monday's post, btw) -- and are you like me, where you could (or SHOULD HAVE) never wear/worn any tops tucked in, because you'd look like Urkel?? Short-waisted girls, unite!

Amy said...

great answers.. you are just a little bit taller than I am.. I am 5'1. I love peanut butter also and would have that instead of having to run.. Have a great day..

Cool Gal said...

"They runned out of stuff." My favorite quote of this post. So funny! :)

I have a love affair with peanut butter, too. Eat it EVERY day. Breakfast and sometimes lunch. Even if I have cereal, I always start by scooping peanut butter on my spoon and then dip it in my cereal. Kinda gross. Huh? Have you tried cinnamon and raisin pb? It is sooo good! Banana, too! :)

Summers off for teachers is great. Glad you get to enjoy days baking, biking, hunting turtles, and hanging out with your kids. It's what summer is all about! :)

Mrs. M said...

I am sooo not a camper either.

More Than Words said...

LOL, we have the same favorite snacks!

Amber Page Writes said...

CAmping is of the devil. Unless you're eating peanut butter coated smores while sitting on a mountain of shopping bags.

Amy said...

Happy Thursday...

Sara said...

Sara,

I read this post and almost cried. For health reasons I can no longer indulge my cravings for PB. My favorites were the regular PB and jelly and also PB and bananas.

I am envious of your daily doses of PB:~(

I also love your site. It's fun and lively. I will be back as I already like your humor!!!

Nicole said...

that is so cute that he told you all the stores were closed and they ran out of stuff, hehe. He's learning! lol :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Do you think the dude is too young to get in on the baking action?

Holly said...

Ah, peanut butter. I miss it. Turns out my preschooler has peanut and tree nut allergy. I have been eating sunflower seed butter, which is nice, but not the same. You lucky duck.

Enjoy your summer!