Every so often once a week, I get an itching for some new workout DVD's. Since I don't live near a gym large enough to hold classes, ellipticals make my feet fall asleep, and I am not motivated enough to make my own circuit, I love to pick up new workout DVD's. I already have around 50 of them, and am always adding.
For fall, I ordered these and can't wait for them to arrive! I promise to write a post letting you all know which ones are a hit and which may be a miss...and give a copy of my favorite new one away!

I've never done anything by Bob Harper. I am hoping these are good. He looks tough, which is my style! Except when it hurts, then it is not my style. Jillian? Always good for a different workout. I have her 30 Day Shred, Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones and Yoga Meltdown already, so I figure this will round out my collection nicely.
Tracy Anderson- she concentrates on small movements with endless repetitions. There are days I love it, and days when I tip over and yell notsonice things at the screen. Am I missing anything good? Tell me! Otherwise? I'll be at the door, waiting...patiently...for these to arrive!



35 comments:
I have half a dozen workout videos. They would probably work better if I actually used them.
Glad you enjoy yours! Enjoy the anticipation.
I am patiently waiting for the Zumba workout to come on wii!! That is what I am really looking forward to.
Ha. I have P90X and after listening to my hubby complain for days after doing it, I haven't touched it. ;-)
I don't like my Wii Fit or Biggest Loser for Wii though. It's not enough movement and I get bored and feel like I'm not doing enough.
I'm probably barking up the wrong tree but.... I'll let Bob work out whatever he wants with me!! Hotness!!
I have a copy of the "Let's Get Physical" video by Olivia Newton-John if that would help.
I LOVE Bob Harper!!!! I am a
'featured member' on his website, mytrainerbob.com..doesn't really mean anything other then I took the time to sign up..but he posts video workout challenges and there's a daily journal so you can keep track of what you eat and how your feeling and what exercises you accomplished for the day...it's awesome!
Let me know how they are...I just might have to get them...if for anything else then to just stare at BOB(gay or not, the man is HOT..and that's what really matters, lol!)
Is that Tracy Anderson picture Photoshopped? I can't stop staring at it. Her head seems weird.
I keep trying to get into the 30 day shred---but DVD videos just can't keep me motivated. I'm 90% treadmill---10% whatever-else-when-I-want-to-bash-the-treadmill-with-a-sledgehammer:)
Have you ever done p90x? I actually liked it...but missed the cardio. I felt it was lacking in those videos.
Lauren Brooks is a kettlebell instructor and has great DVDs. Really make your glute muscles scream by using a 15+ lb kettlebell. Just don't toss it though your ceiling.
Also, Tracy Anderson scares me. Isn't she a proponent of a baby food diet? That's just plain stupid.
The elliptical makes my feet fall asleep too!! I thought it was just me - so glad to know I am not alone! :)
Yes, let us know how you like them. One thing I've learned from doing the P90X is I like the variety of changing things up every day, so I may start increasing my DVD workout collection too!
AAAHHHH! The elliptical makes my feet fall asleep too! I gotta admit I am mostly a fair weather runner and once the weather cools down here in Ohio, I hit the DVDs. I have done Jillian's 30 day shred and P90X, but I just can't do a 60 minute workout 6 times a week! I saw a Dancing with the Stars DVD workout but didn't buy it because I thought it might not be intense enough.
I haven't done any of Bob's workouts but can't wait to hear your review!
They sound interesting. And I had no idea that the elliptical made everyone's feet fall asleep, not just mine! That alone made this the most informative blog post I've read in a while :D
yoga meltdown rocks
well I think it does....
I cannot wait to see what you think of these. I too workout to DVDs and I am always on the look out for new ones. My 30 day Shred is getting old.
i have WATCHED the entire p90x series....does that count? i thought i could feel a new ab muscle popping up at the end of the first dvd....but then again, it could have been a new fat cell from the brownie i was eating. but i figured eating a brownie while watching a workout video HAD to be better than just eating a brownie! surely i burned calories through osmosis...right?!?!
I have a bunch of workout videos. Unfortunately they are in mint condition, like my rowing machine, which is where I hang my ironing.
No wonder my pants are tight...
Jillian probably does a great workout video... considering she is a dude.
I like Bob. He has lots of tattoos.
I have the Bob Harper Super Strength one...it's killer! And ha I thought my collection was bad...I bow to you oh old wise one. I totally want the Tracy Anderson one...I must go buy.
I would never use them. so I don't bother. But I do randomly use the wii fit, does that count?
I have most of those Jillian DVDs and her Biggest Winner series, not to mention Body in a Box. Oh, and her Wii "game"... I'm a bit of a fan.
Sadly, they all cheer me on from the shelf by my elliptical! LOL!! I'm the opposite, while I love collecting the DVDs I much prefer working out on the ellip.
However, I'm always looking for another good Jill DVD to add to my collection! I'm anxious to see what you think of this one.
I thought I was the only one whose feet fell asleep on an elliptical! Glad I'm not alone! Can't wait to see your reviews! Now we have ExerciseTV On Demand so I'm able to try out different workouts before ordering the videos! Nice perk :)
I need to get some new work out dvd's too. Let me know which you enjoy the best..
Have a great day..
P90X is a heck of a workout.
I love that you're sharing the best vids. I get so tired of the same old ones all the time!
Some pretty funny comments on this post.
I have 30 Day Shred, but it was more like the 6 Day Shred for me.
Excited to hear which ones you like!
Enjoy! I just got rid of about 25 workout dvd's. I never used them. The only ones I like are Winsor Pilates and Power Yoga.
Oh I need to try Jillians Shred....but I am kind of afraid!
Awesome! Workout DVDs are great for the winter and when it rains, Good Luck! I'd love to know which ones you like!
I just had mine in a free bin at my garage sale. I should have sent them your way :-)
Huh, I wish craving workout DVDs was a vice of mine. So not only do you run, but you also do these?
I did the Shred one day and was sore from my scalp to my pinky toes. I also hurt my arm so bad somehow that I could hardly dress myself. Oof.
And to think before kids I was so good about getting up early and working out....
I don't own one work-out video, but I've heard good things about Bob and Jillian. I like to go to the club during the winter months when it's too difficult to run.
Hope you're having a great weekend! :)
If I can achieve Gwyneth's stems I'm all for trying out Tracy Anderson!
I have tried so many but can never get through them once so I give up. More power to you if you are actually using them!!
I'm thinking of trying Chalene Johnson's Turbo Fire after this pregnancy. I like her Extreme program too!
I love Jillian Michaels Aerobic Kickboxing!!!
Post a Comment