Last night, I had the front porch light on. I had the living room lamp on. I had all appliances turned off, so I'd hear the approach of any intruder/killer. It was set up. *I also made the mistake of reading Jen's spooky blog entry. Thanks Jen!*
Anyway, I made it through the night. Slept in 1/2 hour and was rushing around the house, searching for my car keys. I looked in all the usual spots, pockets, handbag, counter, fridge, shoes...nothing.
After frantically searching for 15 minutes, running later each minute, I found them.
Hanging outside in the door lock. All night.

47 comments:
I have done that TWICE in the past month! Ack!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!! Say it ain't so?!?!
Don't let the what-ifs creep you out. I'm happy to know all is well.
By the way, didn't you know it is a rule that you must do that once in your lifetime? See, now you've got it overwith and don't have to worry about it again. Aren't I a big help?
No!!! *snorting and giggling* I am sorry!!! But you're safe!!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! Oh my gosh. That is just... I have no words!!!
Oh no!!!! You were just asking for an ax murderer to enter your house!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Just be glad you didn't watch some horror movie that would really creep you out!(Cause I'm not admitting that I do that...but..I do that to myself when my husband has to work late at his second job and then I have to leave EVERY Single light on in the house until he comes home.)
So here if my gift to you, Movies NOT to WATCH when your home alone:
1)The Strangers
2)Halloween I and II
3)When a stranger Calls
4)The Crazies
5)The Grudge
6)Paranomral Activity
Happy Halloween! :)
Love it!! And I've totally done it... when I lived in an apartment. By myself.
I got up, did the search for the keys, opened the door and found a note from a neighbor who had come home late and noticed the keys. After I decided he was not a serial killer who copied my keys, I got them back and thanked him for looking out for me.
I do it all the time. So does hubby. We also are guilty of forgetting to lock the back door so we constantly go after the other to make sure we really locked up!
i know i shouldnt laugh, but i kinda did.
glad to know that you and the boys werent killed by an axe murderer. hope corey comes home soon. :)
Dumbass! =) I say that with love.
Oh NO!! That's totally the kind of thing I'd do too. I can never sleep a wink when Chris is away. Hate it when he's not home!
I have totally done that!!
and yes...it is freaky..even when it's NOT Halloween week!!!
Sara you just make me laugh way too much.. Be careful. The suit case has been found but has not shown up at my house just yet.. Boo..
Have a safe night.. Hope the husband comes home soon..
Oh my gosh! That is awesome. Only awesome because you are still alive and no scary serial killer came by. Or did he come by, make a secret copy of the keys and then gently put them back before you would notice only to come back tonight?
See how crazy it is to live in my mind now, lol
LOL! You totally crack me up. I'm sure you then ran through the entire list of "what if's", right?
Oh my. Did you have a panic attack when you saw them? When my dad goes out of town, my mom turns all the inside lights off and leaves both her porch lights on, that way she can see everything outside, but no one can see in.
All I can do is crack up laughing....you always know how to bring a smile to my face!!!!
At least you left the porch light on so the ax men could see the keys!!!!
Ha! I've done that, too. I'm sure your classroom is CRAZY today. My mom teaches 2nd grade she says it's nuts.
Have a wonderful weekend with your monsters!
How did you give up caffiene? Why!? Awwwww! And yes, I do the same thing if my husband is away...I'm a little freakishly paranoid too! :O
you made it easy for the bad guy...
keys inserted...
*sighs*
wont even tell you what I did with keys yesterday..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
You are my long lost sister. I did that while Ray was in Iraq. I bet you don't do that tonight ;)
That's just creepy.
Glad you're alive to tell about it:)
BWAHAHA!!!! You're such a nut. :) I'm glad you're still here to tell the tale.
Nooooooo way!!! What if a scary axe murderer would've been on the loose??????? Lol!!! xx
It must be a thing with men living on Halloween as Donnie is on a tire trip right now. I also checked the doors at least a thousand times last. I even put chairs in front of the door and then turned on the washer, dryer and dishwasher all at the same time.
I am glad we both made it through the night.
Have a great weekend!
p.s. The funniest thing.....after writing my *hilarious* comment an hour ago, I've been sitting here for the last 10 minutes terrified because I'm home alone and can hear 'funny noises'......which turned out to be the washing machine I forgot I started!!! Lol!!! Serve me right for making fun of you!!! xx
Been there and done that!
AAAAAAAAAARCAKGADKGAAAAAGH!
At least you slept well.
You're freaking me out. I am by myself tonight.
Oh my gawd! I am sorry. But it's kind of funny! You really are a spaz! LOL.
Happy Halloween!
I've done that before! It always makes my stomach drop when I've realized what I've done. Glad you are okay ;)
Oh my gosh! Scary, but funny! Happy Halloween!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That is so something I would do. I absolutely love it.
PS Jack Sprat the frog never came back after we carved his pumpkin. Either he's scared of the spooooky face my daughter picked out or his adventure into our house where he surely thought he was going to be our dinner. Never will know.
I have a friend who feels like you do…she will stay up all night and sleep during the day.
lol Oh Sara that is quite the story! Turns out you were your own scary monster ;-) Good story! Glad you're safe though!
You, my friend, are a riot!! I was rolling laughing.
Oh NO! haha... funny! I'm now wiping my laptop's screen from coffee...and blame you for that!LOL!
That's totally the kind of thing I'd do as well.
Happy Halloween!
B xx
Happy Halloween..
May I suggest that you seem to have a safer neighborhood than is implied by your paranoia?
Haha! You sound EXACTLY like me! I've taken those pre-cautions before for sure! :-) I think you might be my long lost twin!
Ha ha! I do that all the time when I get home and my hubby gets so mad. I have been making an effort not to do that, but at least you are still here to tell the tale!
Thank you for providing me with a laugh this cold, boring Monday morning!
OMG!!! And you're still alive?
See proves no axe murder is out to get you!! I wouldn't recommend doing it again however...
Oh god. That is totally something I would do. I'm glad no ax murderers got you though!
You're lucky to be alive!!!!! :)
Ha! I must confess, I've done the same thing!
Post a Comment