10.19.2010

Well.


There I am, blissfully relaxing on the couch last night, reading blogs and enjoying some quiet time after the boys had gone to bed.

Corey looks up from the other couch, "What is that noise? Do you hear that noise?"

Me: "No, what is it? is it the killer? Tell me no!"

Giving me a patient look, he responds, "No, it sounds like Milo breathing."

I listen. Nothing. I mute the TV. Nothing.

Deciding I am safe another day, I go back to the computer. Corey goes, "There it is again! Do you hear it?"

No, I do not. Suddenly, his face lights up with understanding. "Oh! It is you! Your breathing sounds like Milo!"

Meet Milo.
(okay, this isn't actually Milo, but they could be twins)

Yes, yes I do have a head cold thankyouverymuch.

post signature

40 comments:

Amy said...

Oh no. I hope you feel better.

peewee said...

HAHA! Guys are so, subtle.

Miller Racing Family said...

Oh how I feel your pain. We have been passing our colds around for two weeks. I hope you get to feeling better soon and thanks for the laugh!

Mrs. M said...

Oh no!! :) Hope you feel better soon.

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

cute! I hope you are feeling lots better soon!

Furry Bottoms said...

Ha!!! How funny is that. Milo's cute, by the way. And feel better fast!

Kristina P. said...

I just got over a cold, so I hope I don't get your germs!

Unknown said...

too funny!!! Hope you feel better though!

LucieP said...

That's it- no more DQ shakes for hubs.

Foursons said...

Oh dear. For what it's worth- Milo is really cute!

Meeko Fabulous said...

Don't you just love it when your honey know which are the best words to use??? LoL! :)

Kaci said...

At least he didn't say you smell like Milo.

Lori said...

Funny! Milo sure is a cutie!

Barbaloot said...

Better a head cold than an axe murderer:)

Missy said...

I hate Nose Whistling! LOL Hope you feel better soon!

"Cookie" said...

Husbands..... aren't they just great?! :) Hope you get rid of that cold soon!

The Mother said...

The correct response: Yeah, but you snore.

Men.

Cool Gal said...

LOL. Get better soon. :)

The Stiffs said...

Me too. Feel better.

Nicole said...

awww cute puppy!!!!

Kmama said...

LMAO. I love how he equated your breathing with the dog's breathing. Nice Core, nice!

Tara said...

Oh poor thing! Hope your breathing gets better so he doesn't confuse you and the dog any longer!

On the bright side, at least it wasn't the killer!

Emma said...

Oh Dear!! Hope that you feel much better soon xxx

Simply Complex said...

Ugh, I am definitely not looking forward to sickness this fall and winter! Hopefully you are getting yours out of the way so you'll be done.

Hope all is well with you!!!

Di said...

You can compare his smell to Milo and see how he responds to that! :)

Megan said...

haha. I love that we can blame the dog just as well as guys can, especially certain... um-hum things!

Thanks for swinging by my blog. I'm now following you!

Jen said...

why do they always got to make us feel worse about how we feel?

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I hope you feel better soon! Men!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Yikes. That can't be good. Hope you feel better ASAP!

Lindsay said...

What a cute doggie! Feel better!!!

Anonymous said...

MEN! Lol :)

Feel better.

Sarah MP said...

Same here. It's already gone around the rest of the family. I guess it's my turn. Blah.

Sarah said...

Ha! Hope you're feeling better soon. Cold and flu season is one thing I don't like about fall and winter!

Cheeseboy said...

Better than the stomach bug my family recently acquired. I'm sure the colds are next.

Lady Mama said...

You know you sound bad when your husband mistakes you for the dog! Heh.

~*Michelle*~ said...

Hope you are feeling better....we have some nasty Ebola virus going our house right now. Blah!

Miss you, my friend!

xox

honeypiehorse said...

Aw, poor wheezy thing!

Anonymous said...

I hope you got some tea and sympathy from him, too. Feel better soon.

amanda said...

hope you feel better soon. :) but i did get a giggle. :)

Frugal Vicki said...

What a butt. Sounds like something my husband would do.