A few weeks back, I was "teacher of the week" at school, and had to provide several pictures of myself through the years. It was remarked upon (entirely TOO often) that I have "grown into myself" over the years. Basically, they laughed at my teenage years, and thought I was rather awkward. (I was, and still am.)
Case in point:
That's right. I was a figure skater. Actually, less a figure skater, and more a girl who never made it very far because I didn't like to fall on the ice. (In my defense? Ice is HARD.) This left me out on the ice with girls half my age, which was pretty awesome too.
However, as part of this attempt to be graceful, I also had to do programs. Let me warn you: This was the BEST of the outfits I had to wear.
Putting these up gave me the idea for us all to share our Awkward Growing Up Moments.
Why not spread the love (and laughter?)
Next week: Tuesday, NOVEMBER 30th, Kaci and I will post even more embarrassing photos, and want you to do the same! Let's take some time before the holidays to laugh at ourselves and enjoy "looking back" at those times. We are even working out some prizes, you know, to sweeten the pot. So? If you are interested? Start scanning- and remember- the WORSE, the BETTER!

29 comments:
Hey, at least you were still cool! I think I might have about 1 picture during my jr high/high school years. I was so painfully awkward and did not have a good experience during those years.
Oooh. I have the best one. I need to snag it from my parent's house, but I'll post it...next Tuesday. Look out!
Oh you were a skater! I'm a skater too! Do you ever skate anymore? I hear ya on the ice is hard part...it is! And I sympathize on the awful dresses...I've worn my share! :)
Oh - now I know what I'll be doing while I'm back home for Thanksgiving. I love torturing myself by looking at how dorky I was. Especially with the fluorescent colored outfits, side ponytails, and 8 pairs of scrunch socks!
Man alive…awesomeness to the Nth degree! I don't know if I could find any terrible photos - I think I burned most of them.
This is to cute! Not awkward but normal! Oh my goodness I had some doozies, but they are so much fun to look back on! Thanks for sharing.
I clearly was not as cool as you.
Sometimes I am thankful my parents never let me do this stuff, lol!
Ha! I don't think you have a prize to make it worth my while! :) Now, if I need a good laugh.... ok!
Oh, my goodness! I have some very fugly photos. I grew-up in the eighties, what else is there to say??
Let me think about it as I'm afraid I might lose followers! LOL!
Love the photo. The feathers in the costume are a "hoot!"
THAT costume is awsome! :)
Oh that is AWESOME!!! I like you even more now. HA!!!! I'll be searching through mine. Maybe I can even find one with a NKOTB "Joey" hat on. Maybe I won't look so hard. ;)
Hahaha. You know I won a contest with an awkward photo right? Do you remember my bridesmaid photo? Where I looked like I was a devout mormon?
I so loved this picture. I think we all have some of those moments..
I have a fun tag going on if you want to join in.
http://keepingupwiththeschultzfamily.blogspot.com/2010/11/gobble-tag.html
Oh dear. This contest is just wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Mostly because I don't have access to all my terrible childhood photos and would kick butt. They're bad. Really, really bad.
I bet the feathers swished quite nicely when you were trying not to fall!
lol love this! Its funny, that picture doesn't look alot like you now! Very cool that you were a figure skater. My skating consisted of going to the skating rink, drinking hot cocoa, wobbling on the ice for 10 minutes, and going back for more hot chocolate lol. I'll definetly be posting pics on the 30th, can't wait!
figure skater...
I love them... they always have the best shaped legs!!!!!
I've totally already done this...and there's no way I'm going through it again. But I sure will appreciate everyone else that does:)
This is one of those times I am thankful digital photography wasn't around when I was growing up.
I always wanted to ice skate. Can I be a little jealous?
God I wish I could find my "Glamour shots" photos! I systematically destroyed my awkward years pictures and there are few in existyence. Lucky for you my uncle sent me a box the other day with a few pic in it, so I weill join in! lol
Sara,
I think you signed up for the giveaway under Friday's post. Please enter under today's post or I can't include you in the fabulous giveaway!! :(
I want to make sure you get a chance at winning one of the fabulous MikWright prizes! :)
You were adorable! Though I've always been a sucker for clothes with feathers.
Where's the awkward? I think that was unbelievably fabulous!
Dude, I've posted diary entries from that period of my life. Now you want photographic evidence, too? Where does the humiliation end?
So Minnesota!!! I totally have some of the same pics!!! I never made it far because I couldn't really ever skate backwards :)
Oh my gosh, I always wanted to be an ice skater growing up! I still think you look awesome!
Oh, that is just adorable!
I'm in! I have the best picture from 6th grade that I'm SOOOO posting!
~Sarah~
Post a Comment