First part? Not too bad. We went over my childhood, history..blah blah blah... (sometimes I feel like if I have to go through that again I am going to blow, however? That probably wouldn't be a good idea, because they might find that "off.") Anyway, after asking her if it wouldn't be easier to just read my records...I caved in.
Then? The fun began. We moved into the "testing room." Which was pretty much a storage room with a desk. There were plenty of spoons, forks, and creamer if the need hit though. She took about 9876 minutes to get the stuff out and ready. Me? Sat there totally patiently. (except my leg kept shaking. Which I didn't notice until she pointed it out to me, like, "Uh, do you always shake like that?")
Finally, an eon later, we started. Then? She couldn't get the stopwatch to work. She would ask a question, I'd answer and she'd say, "Oh! My stopwatch won't start."
Um, okay...She'd mess with it, I'd mess with it, neither of us would get it, and FINALLY, we would reset it and start again.
So we went over this about 5 times, when I suggested that she use the stopwatch on my iPhone, as it might be easier. (Thank goodness she took me up on it, I was about to rip my hair out.)
Then? She would read me the question, and start the time. I'd answer before she hit the START button, and she would get flustered. (Um, when you ask a preK question, you should expect that?) Finally, she was like, "Oh dear you are going too fast! I can't start the clock!" (Um, if it is timed, isn't the idea to it to go fast?) Luckily, the questions get harder as you move along, so I was able to take sufficient time to work through it, and she was able to time away happily.
I won't go over the nasty, long, torn out details... why sara? Isn't that what you are doing here? Luckily, some parts were shorter than others. (Namely the ones I did bad at.) Several of them? Lasted forever!
Right when I was ready to poke my eyes out, she announced it was time for a lunch break.
Followed by another eternity of testing.
Finally, at 2:30 ish, I was done. Freedom! I ran out the door, jumped in the car and took off to the mall as fast as the speed limit and traffic would allow. Fast forward 1hr? I get a call from the Dr.
Yes, she wants to do another test. Another portion that she feels, "will round out the testing in good way." (Um, is this good or bad? Come on, just tell me I'm average and let's blow this joint.)
Except she can't do it until 6 p.m. I live an hour away, so it would be a pain to drive back there for a 20 minute test.
Sadly, I had to stay,have my hair highlighted, buy some new nail polish, and have my nose piercing replaced to fill my time. It was rough.
At 6:15, she pulls me in, and explains what she wants to do. She mentions that my results so far are "interesting." (Yes, I just admitted on my blog that a person who has been testing for 20+ years said my test was interesting)
So, I answered some new questions, all like, "Why is it important to have different countries get along?" and off I went.
I find out the total results in 2 weeks. Yippee. I'm not worried, I mean, what is the worst she can tell me? I've survived this long on my smarts, I'll last another few, right? Right?

28 comments:
That definitely sounds like it would cause some hair ripping!
Is it ironic that I would have a very difficult time focusing and paying attention during a test for ADHD?
You definitely earned every single highlight!
I didn't realize that you had to go through all of that for ADHD testing...Lord, I thought about taking my kid in (seriously) but I don't know that he would survive.
On a lighter note, getting your hair highlighted can sure brighten your day can't it?
I think all that testing and craziness would end up giving me ADHD!
Hope you get answers before you're bald. I would be working on my arm hair by now.
Oh my! What a day. My sister has crazy stories from getting tested for ADHD, too!
And the newtons are okay. I'm not sold, but they're doing the trick. I tried five fingers today and really liked them!
WHOA! I seriously don't think I could have handled that. I have a severe lack of patience for things like not being able to get a stopwatch to work.
I can't wait to hear your interesting results.
You definitely earned those highlights and nail polish.
Why is it important for other countries to get along? Seriously?
My answer would probably be something like "Tourism and zoos and stuff."
Dang. What does that say about me?
Wouldn't it be just high-larious if she did the stopwatch thing on purpose to see how long you could sit there without going bonkers? That would have driven me nuts!
My brain hurts.
Hope the results are good or bad or whatever you want them to be. =) XOXO
Gosh-just reading the about the test made me antsy.
My husband just went through all of this. He's also being tested for ADHD.
Is it bad that I was laughing through this whole thing? Can't wait to hear how interesting you are.
This is one intriguing post. I've often wondered how they do those tests for adults. Thank goodness for the iPod stopwatch.
I would totally have failed, simply on the basis that I hate being bored.
I would like to get you on the couch and pick your brain...
I bet i could be a good head shrink....
sound fun?
I so shake my leg like you did all of the time. What a pain the testing was.. I hope all goes well. I know you are a smart one for sure..
My leg is moving a million miles an hour all day every day. I could not sit though a test like this, I'd go nuts. Sitting+me=not getting along. Can't wait to see how "interesting" you are:)
You did well to keep your patience with that tester.
Administering these test are just as painful! Especially to children!
Hope you get some good meds...
That testing sounds horrible. I hate tests as it is but this sounds like punishment. I am glad you got to escape to the mall. Whatever the results are in 2 weeks you know we all love you here in blogland.
Have a great weekend!
That would drive me CA-RAZY! I have the attention span of a
Sorry, I saw something shiny…
What was your post about?
That sort of testing would make me crazy!
My boss has absolutely no attention span and has to be moving 100 MPH. Through in her 2 kids plus my 3 and it makes my head spin. I am much more slow moving and laid back yet detailed and organized. Hmm...I guess we are all just different.
Been there.....done that...feel for ya.....end of story.....
:O)
That sounds like torture!!! Well, despite the little break you had.
Post a Comment