12.14.2010

I Need Sun


I need sun.

In a bad way.

I was thinking of going to a tanning salon to get myself some fake sun, however,

a) I don't want to get skin cancer, I have enough problems with my pores the way it is.

b) If I go to the tanning booth? The following may/may not happen (or may or may not have happened in the past...like last winter past. Maybe)

If I go to the tanning booth, I may decide not to put my bra back on, because I don't want to get it all sweaty.

So I will put it in my handbag.

Then? I will get in the car, and realize I have to stop at the grocery store. I don't want to pull my bra out instead of my wallet, so I will decide to stick it in the glove compartment for safe keeping.

If I do that? I will forget about it for several months, until I am stuck in traffic one day, and decide to clean out my glove compartment to pass time.

Then? My bra will fall out, and I will be pleasantly surprised, because I'd forgotten I had that bra.

So? I think I'm going to invest in a sun lamp. Because Minnesota is SHORT on sun this time of year.

post signature

36 comments:

Pres. Kathy said...

You are too funny!

Barbaloot said...

You should do spray tan. You get the benefit of color, without the potential skin cancer:) win win

Kristina P. said...

I got my first spray tan this summer, and when it started to wear off, I looked like I had leprosy.

Di said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who finds things stuffed in random places!

Amy said...

that is way too funny.. I would do the same thing.. Have a nice day.. A lamp would be nice..

TheBabyMammaChronicles said...

Funny. I love the sunshine, it makes me happy.

Kmama said...

Haha. I love that you forgot about it. At leastl you weren't getting pulled over by a cop and pulling a bra out of your glove compartment box. ;-)

Kelli said...

Oh, I do miss the sun! Let's go to Mexico. I think I can fund a nice trip with all the cookies I'm making!

Cool Gal said...

It's a hard time of the year. Not only is the sun missing, but it's flippin' cold! Grr.... I'm so over it!

Anonymous said...

*shakes head*


no bra and very cold weather equals stiff nipples that rub on fabric and make them sore....

ok no bra is ok

Brynn said...

i promise that i'm laughing WITH you....

King J's Queen said...

Have I ever mentioned that I used to work for a tanning salon chain? You can tell by my photo that I did not make use of the services. They kept me hidden in the corporate offices since I was such a bad advertisement for them. LOL!

Anyway, there is a third option that is much safer. Consider the "Mystic Tan", which is a spray on tanner, but nothing like what you'd use at home (ick!). They can set it for various skin tones (so people like me don't turn out orange). Very, very important, though...if you decide to do a Mystic Tan, be sure to exfoliate head to toe that morning or the evening before. The tanner sticks to the top layer of skin, so you want the freshest skin exposed.

As for going braless...that's so not me. I'd scare people. Ha!

Mama4Real said...

I think I remember the vague story about the bra and the glove compartment! I envy you for being able to go bra-less. At this point, it's probably best that I never take it off ever, do my skin a favor.

Liz Mays said...

You are ridiculous! (But pretty smart!)

Sarah said...

Haha- I thought you were going to say you'd get stopped by a policeman, reach in your glove compartment for your registration, and your bra would fall out :D

Mrs. M said...

Or you'd never make it to the store because an axe murderer is hiding at the tanning salon just waiting for you to lock yourself into a booth!!

Chandra said...

...and then there are those of us who wish we could go without a bra.

I love sunshine too. I bet though you're in need of some heat too, seems to get pretty cold in MN this time of year.

Have I ever told you how much I despise the winter. I do. I really, really do. :(

Meeko Fabulous said...

OMG! I totally hate when I forget I left my bra in the glove compartment! ;) What??? It could happen . . . LoL!!! :)

Teamarcia said...

The spray tan looks good but it doesn't make you FEEL like if you got the real rays. Maybe load up on some vitamin D3 supps?
You and your bra are hilarious! Reminds me of If you give a pig a pancake!

Sarah Jane said...

Hilarious! I JUST put a sun lamp on my amazon wish list! I agree. The days are too short!

mypixieblog said...

LMAO!!! This is awesome and TOTALLY something I would do as well. I'm not a fan of tanning booths, personally. Which is weird, since I live in New Jersey and I'm probably the only person who isn't orange in the winter (I keeeeed, I keeeeed). Anyway, I would also forget about my bra. But what a nice surprise months later to find it sitting there in your glove :p

Jen said...

LOL!

Yeah, that's probably the best plan.

Lindsay said...

COME TO CA! It's 80 here! :)

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I felt like I was reading "If you give a mouse a cookie". :) You are too funny.

The Mother said...

Jen beat me to it. I totally thought I was reading that book.

purejoy said...

dude. it's a little early for SAD. but i hear ya. i need sun or i turn in to {pale} wicked witch of the south.
shivering through snow {hellllooo, in tennessee?? in december?? never in all my 30 years here} and a high of 19.
my feet are freezing. i can't get warm.
whhhhaaaaa. sun lamp? how bout a trip to tahiti!!

Miller Racing Family said...

Girl you are a scream. But I am with you I would love to hit the tanning bed. But I hate having to get out in the cold just to go get hot and sweaty.
Oh the problems we have! Have a great day!

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

I thought you were going to say because you were short on bras... though it sounds like a pleasant surprise, so would it be so bad to replicate it?

Or not, 'cause that's weird. Either way.

Anonymous said...

Skin cancer = BAD
Peanut butter snickers = GOOD

alison said...

i do that same "what if" scenario type thinking ALL the time. usually it has more to do with why i don't run each day. you know....what if i run....and then i hit one of the bajillion potholes in our driveway and turn my ankle? and then i can't chase after the kids and keep them safe from harm? so then we have to hire a nanny? but then we have to give up something else to afford the nanny....like central heat and air? so then we have to use the fireplace that's been dormant for 25+ years? but we forgot to check and make sure the chimney was cleaned out so then we had a chimney fire and burned down my husband's grandparents house that his grandfather built with his two hands? and then my mother-in-law disowns us and stops cooking fabulous meals for us all the time?

and then i decide that it's just too much to risk and don't run. at least not that day. (i mean really...my mother-in-law cooks a MEAN chicken and dumplin).

and by the way...i live in the SUNSHINE state and we are pretty short on warmth and sunshine right now. lows of 19 degrees tonight. which i know is probably child's play to you....but here? it's pert near unheard of!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I need sun, too. But not in the hey-it's-only-20-degrees-but-it's-sunny kind of way. I need real sun. Like, beach sun.

heidi said...

But? Then you'd have a spare bra hanging around that you could use as a slingshot for snowballs next time you're stuck in traffic.

Holly said...

At least the bra didn't fall out when you were, say, giving your husband's boss a lift somewhere. Heh!

Teachinfourth said...

My dad often goes to the tanning beds when feeling glum in the winter. He says that the 'fake and bake' light is a sun substitute and it really helps him.

Kameron said...

I think I need to go somewhere there is real sun! Le Sigh!

Charisse said...

HAHAHA That has {maybe} happened to me before. Not EXACTLY - but something very similar.

Also - Ithaca is lacking in sun. It was even mentioned in the Twilight books, remember? Right now --- no sun!