12.12.2010

Obligatory Santa Post


1) I am a mom
2) With a camera (fine, i am not allowed to touch it.)
3) We visit Santa
4) I post it here
5) Sorry...Mom Rules and all that
Of course, Minnesota style, we do it in the middle of Minnesota's big ole blizzard. With like a bajillion inches of snow, lots of wind. (Not to mention my dad driving, who is the man who taught me to drive. I had to self soothe myself by playing Angry Birds the whole way.)









No, there is nothing wrong with Elijah. He just has a special "need" to make like he is a deprived child every time there is a camera near. Asher? I think those are jazz hands. (Learned those from me)

And why am I on Santa's lap, you ask? He Made me. He was all like, "Have your mommy come here and sit on my lap, you want your picture with Santa and mommy, right?"

NO COMMENT, but I'd better get what I asked for.






The ballon lady was pleasantly surprised when Elijah told her what shape balloon he wanted. "Straight please. I'd like to use it to test static electricity in the room."




The piano player was also extremely happy to show Elijah how the piano works. IN. MINUTE.DETAIL...He loves this stuff. If we'd let him, he'd have been there all day.


















I let Corey take our picture by the tree. He kept taking all these close ups of me, then giggling at the fact I cannot keep my eyes open in a photograph to save my life. Then? To combat it? I open them as wide as I can and look like a bug. True story.













This picture? I put it up on FB, then took it down, because I thought it looked like crap. So? To fight myself? Prove a point to...no one but me? I am posting it here. Unless it is gone when you come, then I did the same as FB and took it down. (Yes, it is part of my "I am a woman, and am "comfortable with my looks" lie lie lie so deal with it moods. Ok, fine, it also may have to do with the fact that it torqued my mom off that I had pictures of myself. She can't understand why I would want a picture of myself. yep, truth, but I'll spare you the details)













And that, my friends? Is my Santa Visit Story.


post signature

47 comments:

Foursons said...

You took it down? But I really like that one! *sigh* I so totally understand, I really do. But I like it!

I love the jazz hands, Asher is my kind of guy.

And Santa? Oh my word. What a perv. Don't they screen those guys before they're allowed to put on the suit?

Sarah said...

Sounds quite eventful! Interesting Santa move, wanting you to sit on his lap... talk about inappropriate! And Elijah testing static electricity- so cute.

bobbi said...

You really took it down? :( It's a really good picture!

Love the Santa pictures. I have very few of them of my kids, mostly from remembering how much I hated it as a little girl. Yeah, maybe there's something wrong with me ;)

Kristina P. said...

Santa looks very happy to see you.

The Mother said...

Is that the same blizzard that collapsed the metrodome?

mrsashcake said...

personally i think that picture of you is gorgeous and totally not bug-eyed!

Cheeseboy said...

Isn't it great when we can pick what pictures we can show the world and some jerk doesn't put up our mug on facebook in the ugliest pose of all time?

Hey, I say the roof caved in there in Minn. How is Farve going to survive?

Great post.

"Cookie" said...

Santa must of like your looks! :) haha.... and as for your picture, post it and be proud!! Lookin good! And I can always pick Asher out b/c of his love for the good ole John Deere.

King J's Queen said...

1 - That pic is quite lovely and you should be proud of it.

2 - My step-daughter almost always looks miserable in photos. By the time I take 50 or 60 of the same pose, she starts smiling. I've never understood it.

3 - E would be the one with jazz hands. Unlike her sister, she's the one I have to take 50 images of to get her calmed down. She also LOVES to make bug eyes at the camera.

4 - You must NEVER, EVER allow Elijah to be alone with a microwave, television, electrical panel, water heater, etc...he will surely turn the thing into a hovercraft.

Jamie said...

good for you making the trek out in that mess to visit with Santa. Love all the pics!

More Than Words said...

Wow..looks like a fun time! I'm sure your boys had a blast!

And of course, we all think you look great. I think we are our worst critic!!

bohomamasoul said...

I am so in love with Asher's jazz hands right now! He is so full of the awesome! That picture of you with the boys is lovely, and I think you should put it back up. And, the other picture of just you? Absolutely beautiful, because YOU are absolutely beautiful. I'm not just saying that to kiss arse either....it's coming from my heart.

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I like the photo, put it back up!

I think Santa might be on the naughty list this year - yes, you better get what you asked for!

The Stiffs said...

1. Love the photo. Really love it!

2.We haven't taken anyone to see Santa. You went in a blizzard? You get bonus points.

3.That Santa should put himself on the naughty list. You know why he was so jolly? He knows where all the naughty girls live. (Totally stole it off a t-shirt but it still makes me laugh!)

Tara said...

Dirty ole Santa! Now, tell us what you told him you want for Christmas or was it a part of your list you shared the other day? Either way you deserve it for sitting on his lap.

Helene said...

Girl, don't you know when Santa issues a personal invitation to sit on his lap that you need to hussle your bootie far away from him!!! I know, as if it's really that easy, right?

We got stuck with a perv Santa last year and he kept wanting to sit next to me when we were doing pictures.

I totally LOVE the picture of you!!!! Don't take it down!!!!!

Lindsay said...

Such cute pics! I am so jealous of your white snow! It was 80 degrees here in CA today! Not very Christmasy!

Cool Gal said...

Only a true Minnesotan would brave a blizzard as bad as that one. I, too, went out shopping with my son. As I was driving I said to him, " I am not a very good mom. I can't believe we are out in this stuff." Ah, I've been driving in this junk my whole life. Made it back in once piece! :) (It's always the "others" on the road, right?).

It looks like you had a nice time. Every picture is adorable. Does Dayton's, I mean Macy's, still have the ninth floor display? I used to love that as a kid.

I think Santa has a crush on you. I hope you get what you want! LOL!

honeypiehorse said...

Santa suckered you! And Elijah rules.

alison said...

santa is one sly cat.....skeevy old man ;)

at least your kids have laid eyes on a santa. i've been so grinchy this year that i'm not sure we'll make the obligatory santa trip.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

OK, listen to me. You are beautiful!!! Put the picture back up. You don't look bug eyed. Seriously, you wanna see bug eyed, I'll show you a picture of Sassy. SHE can bug eye like no one else. You? Nope, still gorgeous. :)

Kmama said...

Sounds like a fun outing. I love that picture of you. It's great.

Kelli said...

Just because she's your mom doesn't mean you can't tell her to F- off. (just a reminder.) THe photo is lovely. You should blow it up o an 8x10 and give it to her wrapped. To remind her that she has a beautiful daughter and if she wants to see her in person she should be nicer!
(Happy holidays! :) )

Amy said...

What a fun day Sara.. I loved your new profile picture you look amazing.. Children never know what to do with a camera on them at times. I hope to get out and see Santa soon. I think Santa liked you. Since you had to sit on his lap I hope he brings you what you want. Have a great day..

Di said...

Dh has a need to make "special" faces whenever we take pictures too. I am praying my son does not take after him in that department! Hubby's favorite is to blow his cheeks out and squint. Its lovely.

Santa made you sit on his lap?!? Eww... :)

Barbaloot said...

I really like the picture of Elijah with Santa...and his "need" to pose like that:)

Mrs. M said...

How nice of Santa to ask you to join in on all the fun! Stay warm and safe!!

susan said...

i saw that you took it down. i really like it!!! you look gorgeous with all the lights behind you. very pretty.

ewwww. creeper santa. having mom coming to sit on his lap. no thank you.

Lori said...

Great story!! My child was mesmorized by Santa and couldn't look at the camera b/c he was too busy looking at Santa!

Unknown said...

hmm, santa taking advantage of being santa!

nice picture you have and love the color of your eyes.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I have a feeling your experience will be better than ones. There was screaming last year and I'm willing to bet there will be screaming this year. HA!

Liz Mays said...

What's up with Santa trying to get your booty on his lap? LOL

You're beautiful. I mean that honestly!

Anonymous said...

Wow what an exciting trip, not to mention fun. I think Santa might have been a perv!!! You better get what you wanted for sitting on his lap… did you see his hand hover over your… well hover? Maybe I watch bad Santa to many times.

Pres. Kathy said...

I love your pictures!

Sarah MP said...

Gotta love blizzard Aiden! We got it here too in Wisconsin! I braved the snow to hit IKEA. We had it planned for 6 weeks--no kids, had to go!
Love the pics. I think you look beautiful : )

heidi said...

Nice pictures! Santa wanted a little mommy action, eh? Sheesh! I like that picture of you. It's pretty! I currently have one up on FB that I dislike, too. LOL

Betty Manousos said...

Glad you had such a fun!
Your pictures are amazing!
You're gorgeous!

B xx

Emma said...

What amazing pictures....not sure about sitting on Santa's knee though ;-) Hope you get whatever is on your wish list xx

Missy said...

Love the photos!

Lady Mama said...

Haha - I do that exact same thing with photos - my eyes are almost always closed or half closed, and then I do the bug-eye thing and look like a total weirdo. I think you're very photogenic though! And, um, are you SURE Santa forced you to sit on his knee? :)

Roxy said...

great santa post....and I LOVE the solo picture of you by the tree! BEAUTIFUL

Brynn said...

lol, go read my blog. i have yet to put the pictures up, but oh, it was classic.

and you're really pretty. no bug eyes there. at least you only have one chin when you smile...me? not so much.

mypixieblog said...

LOL'd at the jazz hands. SO CUTE! Omg, these pictures all all too adorable. What a beautiful family you have :) Also, I hope creepy Santa makes all your Christmas wishes come true.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It looks like you had a fun day with your boys. The pictures are so cute! I can't believe you took your picture down-you're beautiful!!!

Michelle said...

I like that picture of you!

Looks like a fun time.

Teachinfourth said...

To test static electricity?!

Awesome…

@Dayngr said...

Love the pictures! You and the kids look great - oh and so does Santa!