4.28.2011

Dumbest. Idea. Ever.

Awhile back my sis, who had been my favorite sister until this point, sent me an email asking if I wanted to go on the following tour:
(No need to read the whole thing. Here is the gist of it: GHOST TOUR. SARA. NO.) 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Company

Locations

Minneapolis 
125 SE Main St. SE
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414
Get Directions
Successful partnerships between the living and dead can result in transdimensional courier services, philosophical salons, and television tenure like that of Larry King. Negotiate for extra years with today's Groupon: for $12, you get one ticket to Real Ghost Tours, located at 125 Main Street SE (a $25 value).
Real Ghost Tours escorts paranormal-purveying participants through a thoroughly researched expedition of the historic and haunted St. Anthony Falls district. Drawing from real historical figures and legends, this tour explores the spiritual unrest of lost children, men, and women who met early, violent ends at the hands of criminals, madmen, and rogue circus elephants. The tour traverses outdoor and indoor locations where shimmering apparitions have been known to drift by with a chill, including a spelunk into underground limestone caverns, where unsettling echoes either emanate from the shuffles of fellow tour members or a spirit unloading its dishwasher.
While on the tour, guides track ghosts with a combination of historical fact and modern technology, such as wiggly-needled electromagnetic field meters. The tour partners with mediums and the West Metro Paranormal Society to highlight ghosts such as John Martin (1820–1905), who, as the ship's captain, was one of two guilt-ridden survivors of his steamer's demise in the Mississippi River, and Thomas Salisbury (1840–1898), an Iowan farmer whose corn eerily popped when heated in oil. Tours will take place Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings after dark from now until August. The schedule is subject to change due to holidays, so be sure to call in advance.

I politely emailed her back with my decline. 

Her response? 

"WIMP" 

Uh, duh.

Then? She "accidentally" included me in on this email to my mom

we can buy tickets and go whenever over the next 6 months.  I think we should buy tickets and ambush Sara by telling her we're going out to dinner.  

I am not an idiot. Wait, please don't argue that. 
Then? They bought the tickets. 
AND? AND?
They bought them for FRIDAY THE 13th!!!

This followed:
FACEBOOK:

‎ Sara: NO NO NO. NO.
April 11 at 9:33pm ·  ·  · 
    • Patty  what are you talking about? You're just having dinner with your mom and sister, catching up and all. It's been awhile.
      April 11 at 9:35pm · 
    • Sara  No. I have no need to catch up with you. I can read your status updates thankyouverymuch.
      April 11 at 9:36pm · 
    • Patty That's sad. You hear that mom? She doesn't care about catching up with her family and seeing them in person..... some people..... I tell you....
      April 11 at 9:40pm · 

      ______________________________________
  • Sara  I lied. I can't do it. You still have to donate though, because it is for a good cause.
    April 11 at 9:49pm · 
  • Patty  We'll have wine beforehand. You'll be juuuuust fine
    April 11 at 9:50pm · 
  • Sara  Sorry. Ghosts know when you've been drinking. They thrive on that sort of thing. Besides, I was already planning to be dead that day. Sorry.
    April 11 at 9:51pm ·  ·  1 person
  • Patty Sara, the ghosts aren't going to kill you. They aren't solid...they can't hold an axe


Really? Was it necessary to bring the axemurderer into this? Was it not bad enough on its own?

I had this thought that maybe if it were a tour, the ghosts wouldn't come out. I mean, what self respecting ghost would come out when called? However, being Friday the 13th changes everything. I've seen really short parts before I left the room those freddie movies. 
CONFESSION: I have never seen a horror movie in its entirety. Well, one that was meant to be a horror movie anyway 

Bottom line? I'mnotgoing. No way, no how. 
Especially on Friday the 13th. That is literally begging the ghost and other creepy things to come haunt and kill you. 
. 

 I am NOT going. 
However, I am a touch concerned that my mom and sister will talk about me during their tour, and the ghost will come haunt me. 
Who even sells these types of tickets!?

Would YOU go? 


post signature

41 comments:

Lady Mama said...

Hilarious that your sister accidentally included you in her email! I don't blame you for not wanting to go... then again, imagine the good blog material it would make.

Liz Mays said...

Yep, I'd go, and I'd make them totally suffer for it by screaming like an unruly out of control child and/or scaring the extra bejeezus out of them!

Barbaloot said...

I totally would not go. I'm anti-ghost.

Kmama said...

No. I'm such a wimp. I don't like scary movies either. I saw Scream and 13 Ghosts and those are the only scary-ish movies I have ever seen.

Furry Bottoms said...

But it sounds like fun! You know how you get adrenaline from running? You get adrenaline from doing this kind of stuff! And I would totally take revenge on them too.

The movies I don't like are the flat out stupid ones. Like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. That was the dumbest movie ever.

Tara said...

I wouldn't go just because I don't believe in ghosts but I also wouldn't go in fear of being proven wrong either :-)

I think dinner sounds much more appealing and then send them on the ghost hunt together!

Sara said...

Lol, I think they ruined their chances of getting you there when they brought up axes. I mean seriously, that's like a rookie mistake. And the Friday the 13th thing is wayyy too much. There's no way I'd go either....

Foursons said...

Nope. Purposely scaring myself is not a good time for me. And to pay someone else to scare me? I'd rather light a bon fire with a $100 bill.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I would not go. It would probably give me nightmares.

"Cookie" said...

GO! You'll have fun!... well, maybe not fun but it will be an experience. HA! And it will make for some great blog material. Your readers will be thoroughly entertained.... at your expense! :)

The Stiffs said...

I love you! I would have totally been all over it from the beginning. My girls are the exact opposite. When they are older I will be doing to them what your mom is doing to you. I hope they can forgive me.

Annsterw said...

I would absolutely NOT go!!
That stuff scares me to death!!!!
I am right there with you!
I dont think I blogged about it because it was before I started blogging but I went to a haunted house with my two best friends for Halloween and I swear I did not sleep for tho weeks (no exaggeration) and then had to sleep with the LIGHT ON for the next two months!!! Wayyyyy to intense for me - I would pass - LOL!!!! But, good luck if you go!!!! :-)

Kayla said...

Ghosts are bad enough...but ghosts on Friday the 13th? Count me out!

Teamarcia said...

Just go. I would. And I have. Ours was at midnight and we tromped thru cemeteries. It was fine, really.

Loukia said...

Um, NO. I would not go. Since becoming a mom, the fear I have over these things is ridiculous. I can't even watch scary movies anymore! Everything freaks me out! And yet, I still watch Criminal Minds every freaking night. Sigh.

Amy said...

I would go it is all in fun.. Plus they are there with you.. Go for it.. I know you can do it..

Jen said...

Yeah, I'm with you. NO WAY. I mean, I don't even know if I *believe* in that kind of thing but it just seems like tempting the fates. Or something. Yeah, just no.

Cheeseboy said...

Okay, this is going to sound weird, but I follow another blogger that was just HIRED by this company in Minnesota! She gives ghost tours. Gotta be the same place! The problem is, I read this about a week ago and now I can't remember which blogger it was. If I think of it, I'll send you their link.

BTW, I wouldn't go either.

King J's Queen said...

Yup, I'd go. If there was something to be creeped out over, the ghost tour would be the last place it would be. They are usually great history lessons. So much fun.

PS - BOO!

King J's Queen said...

Oooh...I just read BlueViolet's comment. Perfect!! I think that would be the perfect revenge. Now, I'm going to go clean my screen where I spewed my drink on it from unexpected laughing.

NIKOL said...

I would be all over that tour. Spooky fun!

alison said...

i had a group of friends try to make me go on a ghost tour in savannah, georgia (which is, apparently, THE most haunted city in the united states). i said, "no". why? because i'm not crazy. also....i HAVE watched horror movies in their entirety and i have seen what happens to people who go places they know in their hearts are riddled with ghosts. i'm all the way you on this one!

KSK said...

I would go, but I'm into that kind of junk... It sounds kind of funny with the spirits of those killed by 'rogue circus elephants' :)

Chandra said...

You BIG WEENIE! (I can say that cause we're friends, right? lo!)

If you want, you can come to my house and spend the night with my ONE ghost...just to get a feel for what's in store! :)

Erin said...

LoL you rock my socks off. This post is great. I wouldn't go if I were you- I can get scared on my own for free thankyouverymuch :)

Love you
Erin

Jill said...

now thats just creepy!!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

HECK NO!!!! I wouldn't go, even if you paid me!! What kind of sister do you have?!?! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh just GO! You only live once.. It'll be fun! =) Do it for your blog, cause we all want to hear about it. =)

PeeJay said...

Abso-flipping-lutely I would go. As a matter of fact, I'm going to meet the guy that played Freddy Kruger on Saturday at Texas Frightmare Weekend. It's a horror movie convention and it's going to be awesome.

Cool Gal said...

Only in Minneapolis.

I don't know. Could be kinda interesting. At least it will make for good blog material.

Just go, Girl!

Meg said...

Haha, I'd avoid that outing like a Plague. :)

Richelle said...

I wouldn't go. My sleep is already limited enough... I don't need to add nightmares to the mix.

Missy said...

Hell to the Nu Uhh!!! LOL
You have a very brave and sneaky sister...

susan said...

no way sister!!! me and ghosts don't go together. at all.

Kristin said...

I would totally go!

Andthensuccessfullycrapmypants....

Kitchen Belleicious said...

LOL! Can;t stop laughing long enough to write my comment!

No i would not go and I think i love your mom and sister as much as I do you! Ya'll are a trip!

angmartini said...

I would totally go. Especially on Friday the 13th. : )

Michelle said...

This is hilarious!

I would go but I would want my hubby there to hold my hand!

Anonymous said...

you should turn the tables on them!!!

erin said...

i'm speechless and laughing all at the same time! ...and reading this made me realize how much i've missed you!

Anonymous said...

Umm, I'd be intrigued and then one of two things would happen:

a. I'd go and be scared feckless the entire time.

b. I'd say no. And then get mad at myself for saying no and looking like a chicken. Because we all KNOW ghosts aren't real.

I mean they totally aren't.

Umm, right?