2.06.2012

HodgePog

Shhhhh. I am supposed to be doing something productive with my time here. Something along the lines of cooking, cleaning, ironing or blah, blah, blah. 
My therapist asked me how I would do with all the free time I would have, you know, whether I would be able to keep myself busy. (I think what he meant was, "Sara, tell me you are not going to spend your days napping, playing games, and looking on Pinterest.") I was all, "Yeah, no problem." ha. (or maybe the joke is on me, because he made a note in my file. Likely something about my purple hair?) 


Yes, I dyed my hair a couple of weeks ago, from blonde to a darker color. Apparently my hair sucked up everything but the purple shade, so I was rocking Purple SuperHero Hair for a couple of weeks. 
 I miss this hair. However, it faded really fast, so I ended up dying it brownishsomething. 

I think my kitties resent me being home during the day. I am messing up their schedule by snuggling them. They adore snuggling. 

I made my first pie Friday! For my friends birthday, she asked for a banana cream pie. I have never used meringue before, and I don't think it turned out too badly. Except I burned my arm getting it out of the oven, and it hurts. 

 It was my friend's birthday Friday, and mine yesterday, so we went dancing Friday night. 
 
At a bar. 

I hate bars. And? Even worse? This one is in our hometown. I sucked it (and some of that really pretty pink Kinky drink) up, and did it. Besides, I have spent way too much time in the last few weeks practicing the Party Rock Anthem dance to not get out and try it. I've got 'er down. Now if I could just speed it up by 89%, I could actually stay on beat.

This? This right here? Some drunk lady grabbed me, tried to make me dance with her, and ended up spilling her drink on me as she fell over. I disentangled myself and danced away. Once I've started nobody stops my groove. 


 Amber took a picture of my bum. I will rock my bubble butt thankyouverymuch.
 

 
And? For my birthday? My boys made me breakfast in bed! 

Now please excuse me, I am going to go run around the house for an hour cleaning like a madwoman, and pretend it took me 3 hours to do so. 
post signature

34 comments:

Kaci said...

I love the purplicious hair! I want pie.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Love the purplicious hair. Happy birthday! Love the breakfast the kids made you.

Mrs. M said...

You can shuffle and you know it!

Kristina P. said...

I like the purple! And yeah, merengue scares me, so kudos to you!

bobbi said...

Awesome. The purple looked SO cool! And I love the breakfast in bed :)

Kristen Marie said...

You DID rock the purple hair, it really did look amazing!! um, yes and love your broken header!!

Amanda said...

The purple hair was awesome! And seeing you at the bar reminded me I got carded Saturday night. I turn 42 in 2 months. I'm thinking the waitress needed glasses or they were having one of those "If the person looks under FIFTY, card 'em" moments.

Barbaloot said...

Loving the purple hair. It is very superhero-esque. You're superhero could be the woman that cleans a 3 hours mess in 1 hour. Don't we all need one of those?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the purple hair! Back in high school I took cosmetology and decided I was going to bleach my hair. Hated it, so when my friends tried to get it back to brown, it turned pink! I totally rocked the pink hair :D

Now that is my kind of breakfast in bed...especially the pringles YUM!

Tara said...

Those guys were totally watching you rock it! Again, happy birthday! It looks like you know how to party except having the drunk lady spill her drink on you. Grrrrr!

Andrew was riding around the house on his new scooter (bday gift) last night singing "everyday I'm shuffling."

PS So envious of your meringue! It looks perfect and I thought you weren't much of a cook. Whatever!

alison said...

you rock the brunette look :) and the purple actually doesn't look bad on you either....you look like you are like a ninja warrior spy woman who will SO judo chop someone if necessary ;) and i am a champ at the whole "frenzied house cleaning in the last ten minutes before austin walks in the door so he'll think i spent the whole day cleaning when in fact i totally did a harry potter dvd marathon topped nicely with a nap" scenario!

Jess said...

i am very proud of you and how beautiful that pie looks! and HELL YES pringles for breakfast!

Erin said...

Seriously- and you know I say this with a heart full of love for you- only you could accidentally dye your hair purple. It's one of your amazing qualities. Second- that pie looks amazing and I'm starting to wonder where mine is and when you're going to get off your arse and send me one. Finally- let's face it. You did NOT get those cats for the boys ;) Love you

Erin

Bari said...

What a fun weekend! I can see your kitties clearly love you & so do your friends & family! I don't think my kids EVER made me breakfast in bed :-)

Sara said...

I love the purple hair!!! And your pie is so pretty :-)

Those cats do not look psyched about the snuggling.....

Unknown said...

Purple hair is awesome! I've been going for dark red, and it is always really bright for the first couple of swims in the pool, and then it is a nice manageable brownish red that is not gray.

Totally are with you on the "need to clean like a madwoman" front. Yeah, I hear our garage door open and I know I have just enough time to stop blogging/fb/ect and act like I've been productive. Today, we actually were in the middle of a project though, when my hubby came home. go me!

The Mommy Therapy said...

Purple hair and a night out drinking and dancing...I think you might be too cool to read my blog anymore? I mean really, I am most often in sweats in my minivan.

You looked totally too cool, love it. Happy birthday!!!!

Impulsive Addict said...

Your purple hair was hot. I'm more of a blonde girl but I give you credit for rocking that do.

I don't bake pies. EVER. I'm not sure why. But I DO know that I don't like meringue. I'm like the only person on the planet though.

Get your dance on, girl!! Cute! And I love that the stranger tried to tackle you {or bring you down with her}.

Ah HA! The bum picture! I think I can totally see your thong! That's awesome! What? I totally blew it up just to see.

Your breakfast in bed looks lovely. You didn't eat that, did you? Where's the pancakes or donuts?

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! See? If we were fb friends, I wouldn't have forgotten your bday.

Annsterw said...

The hair is awesome!! You breakfast is the most awesome thing ever-what sweet little kids!!!!! :-)

Unknown said...

That's one pretty pie for your first time! And I hate bars in my hometown too, but at least you look like you had a blast. Party Rockin will do that to a girl!

Kmama said...

Happy birthday!! I love the dark hair!

I had to laugh at the Pringles for your breakfast in bed. So sweet!!

Miller Racing Family said...

Happy belated birthday, it looks like you had a blast. I love the hair color. I totally understand about the addiction to the net and napping and then pretending you worked hard all day. Now if I can remember to switch the alarm back my husband will never know I took a Nap, lo. Have a great.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

okay the pie looks INCREDIBLE and that breakfast in bed can't be beat:)

Foursons said...

I am so impressed with your fancy meringue! Glad you had such a good birthday. We need to live closer so that I can go whoop it up on my big day. I usually spend it at home doing...nothing.

Your birthday breakfasts look...well...your boys are sooooo sweet!

Emmy said...

Happy Birthday!! I always do the last minute scramble right before Eric gets home.
Love the breakfast your boys made.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I love your hair!

Happy Birthday!

And now I want some pie..

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You've been busy!
Although the purple hair was awesome, I love the brown hair. You look so pretty!
I hope you had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Your pie looks wonderful! The swirls on top are amazing.

Stephanie said...

Have to tell you I kind of think you rock the purple hair!!!
How is it that you are adorable no matter what colour your lid is?
Sweet boys to make you breakfast in be. (and now I want some Captain crunch!)

Wiz said...

I LOVE your hair!! Now that I am no longer in the corporate world, I want to do something I couldnt do before!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! That bar scene looks like it's from a tv sitcom of something. Hilarious. Glad you didn't get smushed! And that pie? Looks delish!

hoosiergirl said...

OMG! I loved your post, but especially the run around the house for an hour like a mad woman so it looks like it took 3 hrs! I have a regimen about everyday, I know when I have to kick it in high gear before the hub gets home...usually he's pretty impressed and says it looks like I've been busy all day! He's sweet like that...but little does he know I just hauled arse for about 45-60 minutes to him getting home...LOL
Love your blog!

Angela said...

Oh I am a horrible blogger friend... I am finally commenting on my fav blogs ;-) I am so glad that your boys treated you royally on your birthday!

-- you are the cutest purple-headed gal!
-- I wish my bubble bum looked as good as yours (you rock it!)
-- that picture of you and your cats makes me melt. Wish I could do that with mine but it's World War III if they get in the same room together (my girl cat Chanel is quite a diva)
-- maybe you could convince me of meringue, have yet to like that. I'd be totally willing to try yours if we were next door neighbors!

Hope you are doing well Sara!! Love it when you write!

Anonymous said...

wow.... who are you?