3.19.2012

Yeah, That's how I feel too

I walked into the staff bathroom at school and saw this: 

 Yes, I thought. This is exactly how I picture myself during that time (or as my yoga instructor called, our "Moon Phase") 
I think, "Let me whip on that WHITE suit- with the shoulder pads, because they will take attention away from any red stains that may appear on my white pants- and sit with my feathered hair staring at pink roses." 
Whoever the marketing director for this (circa 1970's) had it right on 10 to 1 it was a male  

If I designed a BOX for a feminine hygiene product? It would look a bit more like this: 


 

Not that I am currently crabby or anything. Nah. 
post signature

31 comments:

Teamarcia said...

I wanted feathered hair like that in the worst way for the longest time. Never got it though. Maybe that's a good thing as I wouldn't wanna be featured on any maxi-pad packaging.

Furry Bottoms said...

Aieeee feathered hair makes me cringe!!! And YOU made me giggle!! I swear, Tampon ads were made by males in the 70's FOR SURE. Women weren't really allowed an OPINION back then.

And Roses? WHY would that woman be thinking of ROSES at that time?!

Brooke said...

You crack me up!

Audreya said...

Oh, so true!! But now with Kotex and others attempting to be trendy about how much it sucks, I think they might be making it worse. If we must endure ads, just say "We made a new product for your moon phase. Please try it. It comes with a complimentary chocolate bar." I don't really need any details other than that. But I do need a white suit and feathered hair...

Liz Mays said...

I'm with you. Frilly lily white is not a part of the aura surrounding me at that time.

Barbaloot said...

Oh yes---gotta love the commercials with the white pants. Who does that?!

Rita Templeton said...

Bahahaha! My "moon phase" image would include sweatpants and chocolate. And Advil and a couch.

Jen said...

Hahaha!! I've never heard it called the "Moon Phase"...but I might have to start calling it that myself!
Missed you, girl! Hope things are going well for you :)
xo

Amanda said...

Perfection!! LMAO

I swear, I have never been more grateful than when my GYN (blessed woman) told me she didn't like my periods. Gee, I didn't like them either! One endometrial ablation later (I'm early forties and perimenopausal anyway, which is a whole new kettle of hormonal insanity) and I'm blessedly period-free.

Bliss, I'm tellin' ya.

Bari said...

*snort* yep - yours is SOOO much more accurate!

Kristina P. said...

I think Tampax will be calling any time.

Unknown said...

Totally agree with the comment above about wanting them to come with a chocolate bar. And some Dr Pepper. Something about the caffeine in it + 2 advil make it about the same as a midol.

hoosiergirl said...

OMG! Too perfect! Just what I needed today! LOL At least it's wood that's being axed!

Lady Mama said...

Hilarious. You should totally send that image to a feminine hygiene product company with a serious letter telling them you want to pitch a new idea for their packaging and that your fee is very reasonable (like, say $1.5m?). And then blog about it!

Kristen said...

hahahahaha! That just cracks me up! I told a friend I was PMS and wanted to write a post. She said, "don't PMS on your blog." - um.. I did anyway :) Love the pic!!! I should have put that at the bottom of my post.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

How old is that box? Ha!

Kmama said...

You never cease to crack me up.

Impulsive Addict said...

Are you sure that box wasn't left over from the 1970's? Surely it's not a NEW box.

I think you may have some raw talent. That's surprising. Who knew?

Kaci said...

LMAO!! For real though! =)

Tara said...

LOL!! I wouldn't use those unless I was leaking because obviously they've been around for a while. You know our country is in debt when agencies can't purchase pads more recent than circa 1970s.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

That ad is just a little old. LOL.

Val said...

I literally almost spit out my coffee. lol

Miller Racing Family said...

Don't you just love the shoulder pad look, lol.
I love your advertisment better.
Have a great day!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

LMAO! I'm definitely more like the second picture!

Guacaholic said...

I heart you.
The end.

Stephanie said...

LOL Yes, please send that in to the marketing companies!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

i can't talk i am laughing so hard

Kameron said...

I'm with you..in my moon phase I mean. It's like the ad genius that put, "Have a happy period" on the always pads. Ass.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

You rock, Sara!!!!

Rachel said...

I'd try to come up with a witty comment if I wasn't still cracking.the.heck.up.

I've never been able to figure out those strange advertising execs!

Holly said...

I'm late, but this is awesome!

You know, I mean I'm late to your post. Not that kind of late.