Want to help quench my curiosity? (Is that a term? Saying? Whatever? I mean, it sounds kind of right, but not 100%- just wondering)
It is just 3 easy questions to answer for me.
I'm curious:
1) When in bed, all covered nice and cozy like, do you keep both feet under the covers? Or one foot in, one foot out?
(I struggle with this. Do I keep them both under, where they are warm and safe? OR! Do I keep one foot out, where I am not completely encased in the covers, where if an axe murderer comes, I waste precious seconds trying to untangle myself, break free, and begin my Escape/Non Death Plan. I need others opinions on this.)
2) Do you post pictures of your home on your blog?
(Again, curious. I mean, it is nice to share our homes and all, but doesn't that open us up to be Axe Murderer Targets? I mean, then they know our house layout, where things are, what tools/resources we have at our fingertips to thwart attacks? Or am I slightly paranoid?)
3) Can your friends count on YOU to come up with Action Plans to save them in instances of Dire Circumstances? As I do? Or is this just a service I offer?
Thanks my dears, that is all I need from ya right now. I'll get back to my charts and spreadsheets now!
21 comments:
I adore you. Seriously.
Both feet in during winter. Often 1 foot out during summer.
I am not too careful about pics of my home. But in my subdivision, they pretty much all look alike, so there's that.
I have no plan. I'm a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of girl. I'd totally call you tho.
i am most definitely both feet under. with socks on. in florida. in july. have i mentioned that i abhor cold feet?
i have posted pics (somewhat) of my home...but let's face it. if someone manages to find us in the middle of the sticks and is willing to chance breaking into a house that very much so looks like it not only houses an arsenal, but possible even some banjos (i love living in my husband's grandparent's old country farmhouse!), then they most likely deserve whatever they manage to steal. *sidenote...we do have guns, but i don't know how to use them. which basically means that there's no telling if i'll end up shooting what i'm aiming at. i might be attempting to shoot to disarm and end up with a kill shot. i'm just sayin'!)
and i have no plan. when you're a crappy shot who lives out in the middle of nowhere, you don't need no stinkin' plan!
1 - It depends. If I'm cold, I keep 'em snuggly in the covers. If I'm hot, one of my feet comes out and I wiggle it. It lets the cool air in. Some of us ladies are a tad older and find it a little too hot sometimes.
2 - I do post the occasional photo of my home of FB, but I am very restrictive about who my FB friends are. I do not, however, post comments acknowledging when I am not home. No four-square for me.
3 - Plan? Ha! I could tell you our plan, but it is top secret.
I seems we have a difference of philosophies on the foot issue. Although for temperature comfort I sometimes allow a foot or two outside the covers, I prefer to keep all body parts safely protected under the covers because a foot or hand sticking out seems awfully vulnerable to being touched or cut off or something.
I have always thought it would be fun to post a full house tour on my blog, but I actually do try not to show the layout of our house. Probably paranoid, but better safe than sorry. We live in a colonial so it's not exactly difficult to guess or figure out where rooms are. Traditional colonials are predictable. I do never show any views of our upstairs that might reveal anything about bedroom layout.
I think I may have taken questions 1 and 2 too seriously, but I actually have thought these things through quite thoroughly. Night time child abductions and home invasions are fears of mine...
The escape plan is hilarious, and I'm guessing a special skill that's unique to you :).
In the summer, I will stick one foot out to help regulate temperature. Otherwise, both feet are in.
So, this really freaked me out, I got a early Christmas card last year after we moved. We had hoped to do our cards early to let everyone know where we lived. Well, I had apparently put my ADDRESS on facebook. So, there you go, any of my 800+ fb "friends" know where I live. Lovely, right?
Also, after we moved I had to COMPLETELY redo all my escape plans in my head. I don't have a cute picture like yours, but I had a few sleepless nights for sure over this. We still need to purchase a ladder for Keira's room. Ryan hasn't indulged me in that one yet. Fire extinguishers are on sale this month at Costco, and I am tempted to buy 4 of them. I probably should at least have 1 in the kitchen.
I sleep with one foot in and one out. I tend to get hot.
I don't post pics of my house on my blog except inside the living room shots.
I do have escape plans in my head.
Usually both feet are under, but there are times that I'll throw one out. I don't care if it's 100* in the house, I have to have some form of covers over me.
Well you know I post pictures of my whole house. I'm really not worried about it esp. since we now live in a gated community. Unless they are walking through the woods, they aren't getting in. They would also have to search through 800+ homes to find mine. I don't think anybody REALLY wants to find me that bad. I post pictures on FB too because I am only 'friends' with real-life friends or ppl who live in MN. Everything is set to private.
I do post pics of my home, kids and everything in between. I am not fearful of other people seeing my life. It's pretty boring, same as everyone else I guess.
I remember when we first moved into this house it was brand new and had no window treatments. People would freak out that I didn't have coverings on my windows (for a few months at least), wasn't I worried people were watching me? No, trust me, all they would see is me cooking dinner, me doing laundry, me yelling at my kids. They would be bored to death and move along fast.
both feet under the cover for sure but one hand out and one hand under:) No dont really post about my house. Kinda private like that
Both feet in with an occasional toe peeking out but we use a down comforter which is easy to get out of in case zombies try to break in. Alpha Hubby just reminded me he's scarier than any zombie so I'm safe! Most people don't know where I live so I can post pictures because no one knows where the guns are or the axe or... oh. AH just reminded me he's scarier. So. I LOVE YOUR ACTION PLAN! But since AH is... yeah yeah, you know... everyone can come to our house and we will use your mad ninja skills and his scariness and party!
Most of the time I have to be all tucked up to my chin to keep monsters away, but if I am hot then one leg can safely be free, monsters don't like the heat.
I don't post pictures of my home too often- not because I am opposed to it but because I would need to clean it to get a picture I wanted to post :)
lol, love the analogy about the covers and the feet. When I was a kid, I was convinced that as long as only one leg was out, I was safe. :-)
I post pictures of my home, but I never ever post what town I live in, my last name, or my first for that matter, and I always make sure to block out the house numbers if I show the front of my house. I think as long as you're smart about it you can still share!
So. First things first . . . can you move next door to me? I want to be a part of your rescue plan.
1. Typically both of my feet are tucked safely {and warmly} under the covers. I am cold 99.9% of the time. I need WARMTH.
2. I do post pics of my house and family on the blog. My hubs doesn't like the idea of a blog at all, so usually there aren't many pics of him. I guess I feel pretty safe doing that. My children are with me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. And yeah. We're pretty boring. Not too sure anyone would find anything fascinating about us.
3. I'm going to have to get on the Friend Action Plan. I'm not a very good friend, it seems :/
Haha, one foot in and one foot out for me. I use to post pics of my home.
LOL!! Oh, Sara...I've never thought about an action plan to save my friends...but I might have to now?
I sleep with both feet under the covers, and I don't usually post photos of our home, but my family is plastered all over the darn blog. ;)
LOL Oh how I adore your posts.
1) In the winter, both feet under. Summer, one foot in, one foot out.
2) No to pics of my house, but lots of the backyard. I'm weird like that. (or else my house is just a damn mess)
3) Now I need a girlfriend who write me escape plans like that. Life would be better.
I have to have both feet under but I can't have any extra blanket or weight on them at the end of the bed. And I do post some pics of the house but carefully.
I'm totally a one foot in, one foot out kinda girl!
Both feet under to start, but I can't promise they'll stay there.
Little to no pics of the homestead...maybe just the countertop...and my extensive knife collection....kidding. No I'm not, yes I am.
1. Both feet under and safe...unless it's really freaking hot and I just happen to kick one foot out without realizing it.
2. I do not share pictures of my home. Other than what you see in the background of my pictures, which isn't much. I want a bit of privacy!
3. Your plan is way more detailed than mine. You rock!
i am totally both feet under kinda girl...unless it's too hot.
love your smart way of writing my sweet and wonderful friend!
xoxo
Post a Comment