11.21.2009

A Runner's Christmas Wish List

Well, I am pretty sure you are already getting your list ready for what you are planning to get me this coming Black Friday...right?
Right.
Naturally, I have lists for what I want in terms of handbags, clothing and such, but as a runner, I have a separate list of things that would make my running self all •*SpArKlY•* inside.
Like this:


1- The Garmin Forerunner 405CX- #1 item on my wish list this year. Isn't she pretty? So technical too. Sigh.
2- The Mareware Sportsuit armbandNow, I realize this is a large running accessory, but I live out in the country (that is, 4.67 miles from Target) and I run alone. Having my phone with me is a must. {No matter what Corey says about any potential ax wielding killer grabbing me and promptly returning me because I am not worth the trouble.} This allows me to have my phone with me and stay safe.

3- My favorite running shoes ever. {um, if you don't remember from this post...} I would LoVe these Asics Gel Kayano 16's in a {dainty} size 8.5. I am still waiting for them to hit the stores. I have been drooling over them online though...

4- I would love to wear this North Face Momentum top while running. Or maybe not. I would hate to get it all sweaty and smelly. It is pretty though. I love the little holes for my thumbs. They make me feel very hip and it looks fast too, doesn't it?

That's all, easy to please, aren't I? Now? I am going to email this post to my hubs.

post signature


44 comments:

Miller Racing Family said...

Oh, Christmas lists. I just got mine made for the family. We love surprises in our family, but we also love making people happy. So everyone is required to make a list so that you get what you want.
Hope you have a great weekend.

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

christmas lists are so fun! i gotta get mine ready for the family soon... already told hubs i want and ipod touch and this adorable necklace from tiffany's... goin big! haha

Roxy said...

Way to ask for it!! Good luck getting it all!!!

The garmin is great... I wore hubby's while training for the half marathon. Decide to go with a Polar for myself but did get the GPS accesory. It works great for aerobics and running....
Might add the north face item myself...GREAT selections!!!

Michelle said...

Christmas lists are so fun! I am not a runner but a Flip camera is high on my list. Too bad it is not in our budget :-(

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Now that's a list! I hope you get them all.

Foursons said...

Let us know how the list works out for you!

Jen said...

Oh I want one of those watches too. Somewhat disconcertingly, everyone is telling me they are "all done" shopping for me. Maybe next year.

Kaci said...

I want that garmin too!! =) Hope Santa pulls through!

Mama4Real said...

I get so sad everytime I look at my Iphone armband thingy, b/c I no longer have an Iphone :( I should send it to you for Xmas. It's not the same one as you have listed... is that important?

Haley said...

I hope you get those! I love the top and the garmin. Yea, the iphone is sorta big, but MUST HAVE! My phone comes with me everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you never know what you'll get. Last year, I posted a Running Wish List and got a free pair of Yaktax out of the deal!

Alicia said...

Ooo! I want the armband thingy! I have to have my phone on me at all times and sometimes pockets are convenient!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

I need that arm band too!! My phone is also my ipod so I look like a big dork carrying it when I run!

Amber Page Writes said...

Hmmmm, are those shoes going to be super expensive? Because I'm still running in my pre-baby shoes, and since my feet got wider, it hurts.

But I want to get some actual decent shoes this time. I just don't know what to get.

King J's Queen said...

Hmmm...with your wish list in hand, I suspect HIS wishlist is going to include a couple of new lenses for his beloved camera. LOL!

Tina said...

Oooohhh! I love all of those things! The armband is a must have. Not sure if you remember, but I ruined my cell phone at the Akron Marathon...yep, water damage. But not how you would imagine. Nevermind. Had I had one of those beauties, I would still have my trusty old phone.

I also love the North Face top. It is so cool and if I wore it, I could trick others into thinking I was a real runner. Until I started running, that is...

Great list! Hope you get it all!

KK said...

Since running bling is for exercise, which is for your health....it is a medical expense and you shouldn't have to wait for Christmas :) tell him that!

Chief said...

I will ditto your comments on my blog. I won't pretend to know what it's ike to be a runner ~wink

Ali said...

I wish I had your motivation! I love running and used to be pretty avid, but the last few years I've never lived somewhere "safe" enough to do so by myself. Now that I'm living somewhere I could run safely, I still don't. Maybe once it's warm again I'll give it a try. :-)

Jamee said...

I love that North Face top! And well, everything else on your list :)

Amy said...

I hope you get all of your goodies.

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

I hope Santa reads your blog!!
This is a good idea...A nice way to put some very obvious hints out there to avoid me getting the usual assortment of clothing that I always return!

Tracie said...

I hope you get everything on your list! My list got discarded because of home repairs that had to be done. (boo-hoo)

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

This black friday I am spending IN BED! I'm so behind on my holiday shopping. I think I have purchased one gift so far?!?!?

Hope Santa fills your list for you!

Mrs. M said...

I think those GPS watches are so cool!! Might even make me run more! ;-)

Cass said...

Hope you get everything you want from Santa...Yes to 1, 3, & 4.... 2 makes my arm hurt just thinking about it...Instead I bought the pants with the zip pocket above my very nicely rounded [aka large] bottom. Phone fits great in it! The pocket that is.

Liz Mays said...

I just hope you get everything! Running sure is your passion, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE a garmin... Man, between my iPhone/Nike + and heart rate moniter... I am pretty wired up runner.

I would still love a Garmin though :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I am asking for new running shoes for Christmas! ;)

honeypiehorse said...

Oooh. Love the iPhone armband. That rocks.

Libbie said...

Oh you SO make me want to get running again! I am having a lot of feet pain that I am dealing with thanks to having extra large babies :) but...someday! Someday! Hopefully soon!

So smart to have your phone with!!! :) Have agood run today!

E @ Scottsville said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
E @ Scottsville said...

Hey Sara,

I want to send you a Christmas present... but you kinda have to WIN it first. You can't win if you don't ENTER! Don't you wanna ENTER?

www.fivemomsandablog.blogspot.com

You know you do! It's a "secret" kinda hug from me.

Barbaloot said...

My wish is to get my running motivation back!

Deborah Ann said...

You have good taste! The Momentum shirt is awesome! Love those little thumb holes...

Meeko Fabulous said...

Cute jacket! I looked up that watch, I gotta admit . . . It's pretty bad ass. :)

Helene said...

Everything on your list is awesome!!! The arm-band is super cool.

So this is how you get your husband to get you everything you want for Christmas? I've been doing it wrong every year. I just expect him to KNOW what I want and then I usually end up disappointed. I'm gonna make my hubby a list too and e-mail it. That might give me at least a 25% chance that I'll get something that I want.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I would like to put on my list...fix bum knee so I can run again. Ah ha

Theta Mom said...

Hope you get everything you want from Santa! :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Hope you get everything on your list.

erin said...

haha... i just keep laughing about the thought of an axe murderer returning you!

Unknown said...

I too love running... but I had an injury and can't for a while. I do miss it!

Frugal Vicki said...

I don't think it would be asking too much to get all of that! Hopefully Santa is reading too!

Nicole said...

I'm so jealous of your dedication to running. I wish I could do that!!! I've tried to get up early a few times to go to the gym before work, but I always just end up hitting the snooze button and decide that sleep sounds better. Go you!