4.14.2010

How To Hunt a Turtle


Step 1: Head to your favorite turtle hunting haunt. You must coast to a stop, as to not frighten the turtles. Collect your supplies.

Step 2: SNEAK (very important) up on the turtles. Although they appear slow, they can be quite quick when in water.

Step 3: Grab a big, dead branch off a tree. This will be used to lure the turtles. You place it in the water and the turtles will climb on it to sun themselves.
Step 4: Realize you lost the branch by throwing it too far in the water. FAIL.

Step 5: Remove loud brother from the scene.

Step 6: Find another big branch trip hauling it and biff it haul to water.

Step 7: Lie in wait. They will come. You will conquer.
By yours truly who is the only person with a blog who does not have any ability to crop/retouch photos, so you get the raw images here. See? otherwise those bags under my eyes would be gone.

post signature

44 comments:

Emma said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I too remember how annoying Brothers can be!!!

Kristina P. said...

I had no idea this was even a thing! Looks like fun.

Ace said...

You're such a good turtle hunting mommy!

Cheeseboy said...

This is very helpful. Now I don't have to sign up for the class at the Community Center.

Barbaloot said...

That step #5---it's the tricky one:)

Shell said...

I thought you were going to say that they were going to hit the turtles with that big branch...not that my boys would ever do something like that....

And I think you look great!

The Stiffs said...

What bags? You are a fabulous mother of boys.

Mrs. B said...

I love this!

Mrs. M said...

You look great!

Turtle hunting is NOT something we get to do around here - looks like fun!

Guacaholic said...

ADORABLE post! You are a good mama to those boys. :)

Anonymous said...

even turtle hunting you are fantasic... how many did you catch?

Jamee said...

What a glam turtle hunting mommy! :)
Looks like y'all had a great time!

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

You're looking pretty sexy to be out hunting turtles. I don't think you need any photo touch-ups at all.

Foursons said...

So...how many did you get? How long did it take?

Jen said...

With 3 boys, this will be good to know.

{Kimber} said...

how funny!!! I love that ya'll did this...did you catch any?

and you shut your face!! you don't have bags lady!

Sarah said...

The concept of a little boy turtle hunting is one of the cutest things I've ever heard of :). And, um, eye bags? You're totally gorgeous and talking crazy.

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! Now I wanna try it!

KK said...

You look gorgeous darling!

Miller Racing Family said...

I am all ready for the turtle hunt, bring it on. Loved how the entire family went turtle hunting. I am with you on the lack of photoshop ability. But I think your photo looks great.
Have a fabulous day!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love the step by step tutorial! And that's a gorgeous picture of you!

Kristen Marie said...

wait!! what is the final outcome?! turtle, or no turtle captured on this hunt?! you are the cutest mama!!

honeypiehorse said...

Wow, you really hunt turtles? Ever catch any? That is a great picture of you, btw.

Trish said...

you are such a good sport...the things we mother's do for our boys!

gotta love them!

Kmama said...

You look great! I don't see any bags.

Now I know how to catch a turtle!

Overthinking Mama said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!! thanks for sharing with us!

Nicole said...

lol that is a big branch! did you catch the turtle? looks like you guys had fun:) ps you look fabulous!!!!

The Princess of Sarcasm said...

Is this how you are going to support your family now? Selling to pet stores? I bet it's a real money maker! :)

Kameron said...

Well, did you catch any?? This is the question of the hour!

susan said...

i love the adventurous spirit of your boys!!! we couldnt go turtle hunting if we tried, unless we went to petsmart!

what are you talking about..."bags under my eyes"??? you look great!!!

Chandra said...

The things we do for our children..and we love every minute of it!

Bags...where? You look beautiful!

Heather said...

oh for fun!!! what a trooper you are! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You are NOT the only one. Check out our Champagne Saturday posts...Meg's very professional (she's married to a photog) mine...not so much!

Vanessa said...

You're beautiful -- in appearance as well as in being the type of mama to go turtle hunting!! :-D

NIKOL said...

My kids would totally love turtle hunting. Too bad turtles don't really live around here. Sigh!

Ellen said...

Haha, retouching is on my list of things to learn. Forehead wrinkles, begone! :)

http://www.firednfabulous.blogspot.com/

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

I still think you're purdy, even if the pics are untouched. :) You wouldn't catch me walking through long brush like that. I have a fear of bugs and snakes and ticks and basically everything that crawls. :)

Tina said...

I don't think your photo needs retouched at all! You look beautiful. I love that you have on a cute outfit and jewelry while turtle hunting!

Pres. Kathy said...

Love the pics! You look amazing!!! HAve a great weekend@

Tracie said...

You're so pretty! You don't need any re-touching. (I can't photoshop either.)

Stephanie said...

LOL I had no idea about the sticks!!

AiringMyLaundry said...

How fun!!

And I think your picture looks pretty. What bags? Want to see bags? Look at me.

Betty Manousos said...

You are sooo beautiful! I love your jewelry too.

Frugal Vicki said...

First of all hottie mchotterson....PUHLEASE! I just went to the pet store and caught on there. Yep, he likes me best too. Always comes to the tank when I am near. Runs from everyone else. Maybe it is a woman thing.